Friday 20 April 2012

Famous Five

 

book

My secret Passion is Enid Blyton Books, In particular The Famous Five, Mallory Towers & St Claire’s series. My all time favourite is The Famous Five and I’ve been thinking for a long time now about how could I incorporate this in to my stitching.

This evening an Idea came to me, I brought some calico today for another project which I will expand on at another time and it struck me this calico would make a good background for some free hand embroidery of the Plates within my hardback editions of my Famous Five books.

Drawn by Eileen Soper these plates are pen line drawings of events through out the books, I have decided that I can trace & free Hand embroidery these fantastic drawings. The only problem I now have is what to do with them once stitched lol

ff

2 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant idea, can't wait to see how they come out.

    I'm currently re-reading the Malory Towers and St Clare's. And I haunt second hand book shops and book fairs trying to complete my Chalet School collection

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay I'm not alone,Never loose your love of your childhood books xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.