Wednesday 9 May 2012

Country Bumpkin

Country Bumpkin is an Australian company that does needlework mags, Inspirations Mag & Smocking which is something I’ve never tried.

I love the Inspirations Mag, as I am delving back in to surface Embroidery after cross stitching for over 20 years, but my only gripe is these beautiful projects are all done with speciality threads.

Now these are gorjuss don’t get me wrong but not only are these threads but some of the material Inspirations uses just too difficult to get hold of here in the UK.

After spending over 20 years building a complete set of DMC, I am a bit loathed to start rebuilding new thread collections to incorporate silks & yarns from Au Ver Soir, Rajmahal, Carron Collection, Gumnut yarns and so on, as the cost of shipping from Australia which is where these threads seem to be widely used is extortionate.

To this end, my last project & the one I’m working on now have all been converted to DMC. I have had to do this by eye & am slowly building up my own conversion chart which I’m keep on an excel sheet for further reference. I don’t think so far I have made a bad job of the conversions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.