Panel 11 Tulips, Pansy & Butterfly.
DMC - 955 / 211 / 209 / 3755 / 3727 / 3733 / 793 / white
Anchor - 300
Scrap Net or Organza
4 droplet beads
GB ribbon, red / mint green
The first thing was to trace the pansy petals on the spare cotton, along with stumpwork leaves as you can see I marked them up in order for putting together. Starting with the Pink Pansy I used, 3733 to long and short button hole stitch around the edges of each petal then filled it with long and short stitch to fill using 3727, white & 793.
I did the same again with 211 & 209 for the lilac pansy. The leaves were done in satin stitch with 955
There were a couple of leaves on the ground fabric so they were satin stitched with 955.
Next was to cut out the pansy petals and leaves close to the edge as we have done previously and attach them to the ground fabric. Make make 19 wrap bullions in Anchor 300 yellow to fill the center. All petals and leaves are stitched to ground fabric
Next I raided my bead stash and found droplet beads and attached them for the Tulip shape, using red Ribbon and a ribbon stitch, I covered the beads to form the tulips
Next was to make the tulip stems, in mint green ribbon, I think I chose a too wide ribbon here and could have twisted the stems, but I was bored, in a foul mood and CBA.
Next came the butterfly wings, I traced the outline on to the netting, couched cake wire using 793 and over sewed the cake wire. Then filled some detail on the wings with straight stitch and French knots ending with this
I cut them out close to the stitching, then stitched the body of the butterfly with French knots in 793, and attached the wings, I added a few seed stitches under the tulips and so we end with this
The Tulips got right up my nose, I am not happy with the stems but there we are.
Now on to the last panel, daffodils, lavender and violas. Soon be over now.